Barbecue has become ubiquitous these days and is quite a synonym for culinary excellence. Whereas, potatoes are just as much ubiquitous, hands down and form an essential part of many of the well-known cuisines around the world. Here, we intend to collaborate the best of both the worlds in a skillet with Loaded Barbecue Sauce with Potato Skillet. The end product that we come up with a marriage of stunning flavors in an awe-inspiring platter with succulent potatoes and juicy tenderness of the meat and the brilliantly scintillating tinge of barbecue. Let’s figure out how we achieve just that with the help of this article.
Time remains an asset and a perennial question across all genres. Narrowing it down to this recipe, the time that you would require is 10 minutes for preparation and 16 minutes for cooking, making it a total of 26 minutes worth a ride.
What you will require
The next big thing would be the concern of what to keep at hand. The following must be ensured before moving further:
- 2 cups of cubed chicken
- A pound of potatoes
- 3 sliced bell peppers
- A tablespoon worth of canola oil
- 2 tablespoons worth of butter
- A quarter cup of barbecue sauce
- A quarter cup of water
- Some dried basil
- 2 cups worth of mixed vegetables
- 1 and ¾ cups full of milk
With this discussed, let us move on to the cooking procedure.
- Skillet, as the name of the recipe suggests, would be required to arrange one. And in it, on a medium-high flame, cook some chicken cubes until they appear browned. This should take about 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- While that is being brought about, cook some potatoes as a parallel task. Take a 10” skillet and mix butter, milk, water, and barbecue sauce. Whisk the mixture. In this, add potatoes.
- After having removed chicken cubes from the pan, use a paper towel to wipe them out. To them, add peppers, onions and canola oil and put them over medium heat, cooking until they appear tender-crisp. This should require about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Now, blend together the chicken and potatoes along with the mixed vegetables. Place a lid on the dish and simmer the contents for about 10 minutes or until the potatoes achieve tenderness.
- With this done, your Barbecue Loaded Chicken and Potato Skillet is ready to be served.
- Garnish the end product with basil.
As the name of the recipe suggests, it is loaded with the proteins of chicken and the much-cherished tenderness of potato. As already mentioned, the recipe brings together the best of both the worlds in a dish that tastes and smells as good.
No matter if you are an avid foodie or a rookie chef, this recipe has something in it for all. In fact, it calls for you to try your hands on it. Heed to these calls and get that loaded chicken ready!