Beans are an all time favorite food around the world. And, barbecue is an all time favorite cooking method across all horizons. Blending both of them can produce unimaginably amazing results that go in perfectly and crazily with your summertime camaraderie during picnics and such other family outings.
Summertime Barbecue Beans are packed with flavor, the goodness of nutrition and the much-cherished taste and the best part remains that it allows you go out of the way to pitch in with your own innovation instead of blatantly sticking through the recipe recital. Here, let’s elaborate on Summertime Barbecue Beans.
A pertinent question that would cross your mind is the amount of time required to finally achieve the end product. For this recipe, it hardly takes 40 odd minutes.
This recipe, when served at 237 grams a serving, carries this much better with it:
- 160 calories
- 28 grams of total carbohydrates
- 8 grams of dietary fiber
- 10 grams of sugar
- A total fat of 2.3 grams
- And, 8 grams worth of protein
This information might come in handy for the conscious foodie.
Arrange for the following items for a smooth cooking process:
- A tablespoon of olive oil
- 15 ounces of rinsed kidney beans
- 8 ounces of tomato sauce
- About 8 ounces of pineapple, crushed
- A tablespoon of maple syrup
- ¾ cup filled with green or red pepper, seeded
- 2 cups full of chopped tomatoes
- Half a cup of thinly sliced onions
- A tablespoon of any exotic sauce
Having brought together these ingredients, proceed further with the barbecue process.
- Fire up your barbecue grill to medium heat.
- Take a large saucepan and heat oil, sweet pepper and onions.
- Cook, with constant stirring, for approximately 5 minutes or until the contents appear tender.
- Grab pineapple, tomatoes, tomato sauce, beans, sauce, and molasses and stir them in the saucepan.
- Bring the contents to a boil then lower heat.
- Cook on a simmering flame for 10 minutes. Ensure that the contents are covered.
- Remove the lid and cook on low heat for about 10 more minutes or to a degree as desired.
Here, Summertime Barbecue Beans are ready in accordance with the recipe stated. Serve in a beautiful garden, devouring the beauty of the surroundings on a sunny summer day.
If you plan on pitching in with an innovation of your own to lend a touch of originality to your recipe, you are more than welcome to showcase your creativity for as mentioned before, this recipe is not about totally adhering to the guidelines laid down to you. There would not be anything tastier than your own recipe. So, here is your opportunity to create your own food. Let beans tickle the chef in you and have fun playing around with the ingredients.
With that mentioned, this recipe calls for you in more ways than one. So, next time summer takes its toll, be ready to face it with beans.